We run two sessions - afternoon sessions (11.55 am - 2.55 pm) for the younger children (approximately 2.5-3 years) and morning sessions (8.30 am - 11.30 am) for the older children (approximately 3-4 years).
We can offer a minimum of 2 sessions per week but would encourage children to attend between 3 and 5 sessions in readiness for full-time school at 4 years of age.
We have two dedicated classrooms, each catering for 30 children, with four trained nursery staff in each room.
Our Admissions Policy is in line with the School's Policy and is as follows:
Admissions Policy Arrangements
In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children;
- Children living in the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Children living outside the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Other children living in the priority admission area;
- Remaining applications.
* A relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or step-brother or step-sister living in the same family unit, in the same family household and address, who attends Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery in any year group excluding the final year (Year 6). Biological and adopted siblings who attend Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery in any year group excluding the final year (Year 6) will also be treated as siblings, irrespective of place of residence. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
We cover the seven areas of learning:
Communication & Language, Physical Development, Personal Social & Emotional Development, Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Art & Design, meaning your children are provided with the very best start to their education.