Welcome to Lee Chapel Nursery
Mrs C. Good
Room Lead - Woodland Room
Mrs K. Jeffery
Room Lead - Jungle Room
Mrs S. Merrell
Room Lead - Ocean Room
Lee Chapel Nursery caters for children aged between 2 and 4 years.
We have 3 rooms:
We run three sessions:
- Afternoon sessions
(11:50 am - 2:50 pm) for the younger children (approximately 2-3 years);
- Morning sessions
(8:30 am - 11:30 am) for the older children (approximately 3-4 years); and
- Full day/30 Hour funded session
(please check if you may be eligible for 30-hour funding https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare) (8:30 am - 2:50 pm) for 3-4 year olds.
We can offer a minimum of 2 sessions per week but would encourage children to attend between 3 and 5 sessions in readiness for full-time school at 4 years of age.
Each of our three dedicated classrooms cater for 32 children and are staffed by at least four trained nursery staff.
Please note, children who attend Lee Chapel Nursery are not guaranteed, nor given priority for a Reception place at Lee Chapel Primary School. Applications for the school should be made via Essex County Council (https://www.essex.gov.uk/apply-for-a-primary-school-place) at the appropriate time (November-January when the child is 3-4 years old).
The cost of a session is £10.00 (from September 2021)
Funding & Funding Forms
The uniform for all nursery children is as follows:
Red "Lee Chapel Nursery" Jumper (available from the Basildon Schoolwear Centre) https://schoolwearcentres.com/collections/lee-chapel-primary-school/products/lee-chapel-nursery-sweatshirt-with-school-logo
Plain white polo-shirt
Red jogging bottoms/leggings/shorts
Trainers/Sturdy Pair of Shoes
Red Book Bag (available from the Basildon Schoolwear Centre) https://schoolwearcentres.com/collections/lee-chapel-primary-school/products/lee-chapel-book-bag-with-school-logo
Admissions Policy Arrangements
The Nursery's Admissions Policy is in line with the School's Policy which is as follows.
In the event of over-subscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children;
- Children living in the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Children living outside the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Other children living in the priority admission area;
- Children of staff at the school where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage;
- Remaining applicants.
* A relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or step-brother or step-sister living in the same family unit, in the same family household and address, who attends Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery in any year group excluding the final year (Year 6). Biological and adopted siblings who attend Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery in any year group excluding the final year (Year 6) will also be treated as siblings, irrespective of place of residence. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
In the event of over-subscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
We cover the seven areas of learning:
Communication & Language, Physical Development, Personal Social & Emotional Development, Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Art & Design, meaning your children are provided with the very best start to their education.
To register your child, please complete the Application Form below and return it by e-mail to email@example.com.