How to Apply
We are a single site primary school; children stay in the same school through the infant and junior stages.
We are a four form entry school, with admissions of 120 in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 and 128 in Key Stage 2 .
This means we have no mixed age classes within the school.
To apply for a Reception school place you must apply via the following Essex County Council link:
For all other year group applications you must apply via the following Essex County Council link:
Once your application has been processed, you will receive a letter from Essex County Council informing you if a place is available or not (this can take up to 3 weeks). If a place is not available you will automatically be added to our waiting list.
In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children;
- Children living in the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Children living outside the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Other children living in the priority admission area;
- Remaining applications.
(Exceptional medical circumstances (supported by medical evidence) may override the above.)
* A relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or step-brother or step-sister living in the same family unit, in the same family household and address, who attends Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery (in Reception to Year 5). Biological and adopted siblings who attend Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery (in Reception to Year 5) will also be treated as siblings, irrespective of place of residence. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
In the event of a tie for the last place to be offered (i.e. more than one child with exactly the same postcode and distance from school), an independent member of Essex County Council, who does not work in Admissions, will pick a name "out of a hat".
For further information please see the links below: