How to Apply
We are a single site primary school; children stay in the same school through the infant and junior stages. We are a four form entry school, with admissions of 120 each year. This means we have no mixed age classes within the school.
To apply for a school place for your child, you need to follow the following procedure:
For all year group applications including Reception – you must apply for your child’s school place via the Essex County Council’s web page: www.essex.gov.uk/admissions.
Once your application has been processed, you will receive a letter from Essex County Council informing you if a place is available or not (this can take up to 3 weeks). If a place is not available you will be added to our waiting list.
In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children;
- Children living in the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Children living outside the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Other children living in the priority admission area;
- Remaining applications.
* A relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or step-brother or step-sister living in the same family unit, in the same family household and address, who attends Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery in any year group excluding the final year (Year 6). Biological and adopted siblings who attend Lee Chapel Primary School & Nursery in any year group excluding the final year (Year 6) will also be treated as siblings, irrespective of place of residence. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
In the event of a tie for the last place to be offered (i.e. more than one child with exactly the same postcode and distance from school), an independent member of Essex County Council, who does not work in Admissions, will pick a name "out of a hat".
For further information please see the links below: