Welcome to Lee Chapel Nursery
Mrs C. Good
Room Lead - Woodland Room
Mrs K. Jeffrey
Room Lead - Jungle Room
Mrs S. Merrell Mrs L. Lewis
Room Lead - Ocean Room Room Lead - Polar Room
Lee Chapel Nursery caters for children aged between 2 and 4 years.
We have 4 rooms:
Woodland Room Team
Miss N. Smith, Miss S. Duke, Mrs C. Good & Miss F. Cole
Miss A. Castle, Miss H. Barnett, Mrs K. Jeffrey, Mrs J. Richardson & Ms J. Gregory
Jungle Room Team (pm)
Miss A. Castle, Miss H. Barnett, Mrs K. Jeffrey, Mrs C. Cox, Miss A. Hough & Ms J. Gregory
Ocean Room Team
Miss J. Allen, Miss N. Trower, Mrs S. Merrell, Mrs V. Cuthbert & Miss R. Sissons
Polar Room Team
Mrs L. Laing, Miss O. Payne, Miss M. Mortimer, Mrs L. Lewis, Mrs L. Doyle,
Miss A. Lewis & Mrs K. Jennings
We run three sessions:
- Morning Sessions
Rising 4s 8:30 am - 11:30 am (children who are already three and will turn four within the academic year);
- Afternoon sessions
Rising 3s 11:50 am - 2:50 pm (children who are already two and will turn three within the academic year);
- Full day/30 Hour funded session
Full days for Rising 3s 8:30 am - 2:50 pmFull days for Rising 4s 8:30 am - 2:50 pm (please check if you may be eligible for 30-hour funding - https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare)
We can offer a minimum of 2 sessions per week but would encourage children to attend between 3 and 5 sessions in readiness for full-time school at 4 years of age.
Each of our four dedicated classrooms cater for 32 children and are staffed by at least four nursery staff.
The Nursery follows the same academic year and term times as the School and therefore children are only admitted in the September of each year. Mid-year places will only be offered if a child leaves and a place becomes available.
Places are offered in March for the following September. All places will be offered from the waiting list which is ranked in accordance with the School's published Admissions Policy (see below). The waiting list is not ranked in order of the date the application was made.
Please note, children who attend Lee Chapel Nursery are not guaranteed, nor given priority for a Reception place at Lee Chapel Primary School. Applications for the school should be made via Essex County Council (https://www.essex.gov.uk/apply-for-a-primary-school-place) at the appropriate time (November-January when the child is 3-4 years old).
Morning or Afternoon Session (1 session = 3 hours): £10
Full day (2 sessions = 6 hours): £20 plus £2 for a 20-minute supervised lunch break with lunch provided.
To apply for a place, please complete the Application Form below and return it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The uniform for all nursery children is as follows:
Red "Lee Chapel Nursery" Jumper (available from the Basildon Schoolwear Centre) https://schoolwearcentres.com/collections/lee-chapel-primary-school/products/lee-chapel-nursery-sweatshirt-with-school-logo
Plain white polo-shirt
Red jogging bottoms/leggings/shorts
Trainers/Sturdy Pair of Shoes
Red Book Bag (available from the Basildon Schoolwear Centre) https://schoolwearcentres.com/collections/lee-chapel-primary-school/products/lee-chapel-book-bag-with-school-logo
Admissions Policy Arrangements
The Nursery's Admissions Policy is in line with the School's Policy which is as follows.
In the event of over-subscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children;
- Children living in the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Children living outside the priority admission area with a sibling* attending the school;
- Other children living in the priority admission area;
- Children of staff at the school where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage;
- Remaining applicants.
* A relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or step-brother or step-sister living in the same family unit, in the same family household and address, who attends Lee Chapel Primary School in Years R-5 at the time of application. Biological and adopted siblings who attend Lee Chapel Primary School in Years R-5 will also be treated as siblings, irrespective of place of residence. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
If, when applying for a nursery place, you already have a child in their first year of Nursery (2-3 years), the above sibling-rule will apply.
If, when applying for a nursery place, you already have a child in their second year of Nursery (3-4 years) (and no other children in the school), the above sibling rule may not apply as the first child will have left the Nursery when the subsequent child is due to start. As there is no guarantee of a place within the School for Nursery children, the assumption cannot be made that the child will be moving up to the School and therefore each request for a sibling place will be looked at on an individual basis.
If you have any queries regarding the sibling-link requirements mentioned above, please contact Mrs Gardiner, Nursery Administrator on:
Telephone: 01268 474177.
In the event of over-subscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.